Monday, May 22, 2023

I'm Feeling Stale!

 One-stop shopping. GA Hwy 53, Pickens  County, NE Georgia 

I hate to admit it, but I'm feeling kinda stale  We've been busy moving out of our camper and putting it up for sale, buying a new home, moving in, and refurbishing it -- a job which is ongoing. It's been months since I've had time and opportunity to grab my cameras and head out to explore the countryside. And we're living in town now, which makes it worse. I am not an urban photographer.

What I really need is a good project to sink my teeth into. My editor at Countryman Press has asked me to do a book on Tennessee for their Backroads and Byways series, but I'm not sure I should commit to a project that would take up so much of whatever is left of the rest of my life. I love the travel and photography, but research and writing can be a chore. 

Especially research. For each tour, I must select a geographical area, find out what's worth seeing in that area, then arrange the points of interest so that travelers can progress easily and logically from one point to the next in a day trip or weekend drive of 125 to 200 miles. And then I must actually drive the tour and photograph said points of interest. Rinse and repeat for 14 or 15 more geographical areas. As I said, it's fun to do the travel and photography, but determining where to travel and what to photograph can be a bear.

Also, I wonder what the editor would think if she knew I'm 86 years old! I would probably be 88 or 89 by the time the book was finished and published.

Please excuse the griping. I'm very much aware that I have lived a privileged life with travel and photography. But I do need to get out and about with a camera someday soon. . .

(The photograph was made with a Fuji X-Pro 1 and the Fujinon 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 at the 16mm setting. There's some barrel distortion at that setting, which I didn't bother to correct.)

Louise continues to improve, but she is still having much pain. If you have been praying, don't stop.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment