Friday, April 26, 2024

Milestones

Millstones at the Ogeechee River Mill, Hancock County, Georgia.

I would usually rather write about millstones than milestones, but this is a bit of a milestone for me -- it's post number 600 since I began this blog. 

I actually began in 2011, wrote six posts, then took an eight year hiatus, returning in December, 2019. Since then I've been posting three times a week except when life gets in the way, as it sometimes does.

I realize that 600 posts aren't that many, compared to other bloggers who have written thousands of posts over many years, but for me it's an accomplishment to have had enough discipline to stick to something I wasn't being paid to do. 

A few readers have been with me almost from the beginning; some have jumped in later and then gone back and read every post, and most, I expect, just happen to visit from time to time when something catches their eyes. I'm grateful to all of you, and I have only one request -- I wish you would comment when something I write resonates with you. 

Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you would sign your name to your comment. I realize that the Blogger software makes it unnecessarily difficult to do this, so just comment as "Anonymous," then sign your name at the end of your comment.

And whether you comment or not, thank you very much for reading my blog.

Photo: Olympus E-M5 digital camera, Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm lens. 

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $4.50 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography   millstones     old mills     Ogeechee River Mill     Hancock County, Georgia     digital cameras    Olympus E-M5     Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm lens

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dave on your milestone!
    Keep on telling your story, posting your photos, and educating us on what you have learned through the years.
    Don't let this blog be a millstone to your creativity, I enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg. You are a great encouragement.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to and enjoy your blogs! When I read your words, they always take me back to sitting next to you while you smoke your tobacco pipe as a little girl! Special memories I will always cherish! Love you, Uncle David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ashley. That is really sweet. I had no idea you had such memories.

      Delete
  3. 600 may not the thousands but it is still a lot! Thank you for writing your blog, in particular your advice that photography is about seeing. Your words are resonating even across the ocean, to a little country called Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asgeir, thank you for your comment. It's an encouragement to me. I'm glad you get my message about seeing.

    ReplyDelete