Friday, January 22, 2021

Hello again!

Morning show personalities, Moody Radio WMBW, Chattanooga

Fuji X-H1, Fujinon XC 50-230mm f4.8-6.3 OIS lens

 

I promised to post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. However, I've now missed four posts.  I can only claim extenuating circumstances. I hope you missed me -- if you did, thanks! If you didn't, it's okay. This is just a blog, not the world news report.

The last few weeks have been beyond hectic, getting ready for the big estate sale, which took place last Saturday. I don't yet know how well we did -- the estate sale ladies said it was a really good sale -- but I do know we sold every stick of furniture in the house, including the washer and dryer and the lawn chairs. 

On Tuesday we closed on the sale of our house and property, so we are now officially homeless.

I've been spending my days carrying truckloads of stuff that we can't yet bear to part with to the storage unit and hauling trash to the dump. Oh! -- and another blogging problem -- beside lack of time, we were without internet access for several days, and the service here at the campground varies from poor to non-existent. In fact, I'm writing this while I do our laundry in the campground laundromat, which is right behind the office. The signal ought to be at least reasonably good here. If not, I'm off to McDonald's!

A few days ago we sold our little travel trailer -- the one in which we lived for the month of September, 2018 as we drove 7,000 miles around the wild, wild west, and for three weeks in 2019 as we went to Maine and Nova Scotia, plus two trips to Florida and one to Indiana. It has been a pleasure to own and use, and we sold it for about what we originally paid for it, which was a special pleasure.

We have been sleeping in our new, 2021 Grand Design Reflection fifth-wheel trailer for almost two weeks now, and are finding it very comfortable except when we are tripping over the not-yet-unpacked boxes that cover about 90 percent of the floor space. As we say in the South, we are carried-in, but not yet moved in.

For the time being we are living in an RV campground just outside Chattanooga while we wait to interview surgeons and decide who will do the surgery on Louise's back and neck. If she decides to use the surgeon in Chattanooga, we will stay here while she convalesces. If she decides to go with the one in Knoxville who has done her previous surgeries, we will find a place to park the camper in that area.

For those who came hoping to read about photography, my apologies. We'll get back to that. But this blog is about photography, about life, and about a life in photography. Today, it's about life. But if it will help, I'll give you a picture to look at. I wrote recently about my final commercial photography gig (maybe!), and showed a photo from an earlier assignment for the same client. Here's a shot from that (maybe final) session, showing the interplay between the two morning show personalities.

Blog Note: I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at alifeinphotography.blogspot.com. I'm trying to build up my readership, so if you're reading this on Facebook and like what I write, would you please consider sharing my posts?

(Photograph copyright David B. Jenkins 2020)

Soli Gloria Deo

To the glory of God alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment