Monday, January 11, 2021

Sorry about That!

Civil War Re-enactor, 1975

I promised to post a photo of our new home, a Grand Design fifth-wheel trailer. Unfortunately, packing took up so much time today that it was nearly dark by the time I got to the campground with another load of stuff to try to find a place for. I think we'll get it all in -- the camper is roomy and well-laid-out, with lots of nooks and crannys, but it may take a while.

Meanwhile, I still haven't made a photo of it. So what you're getting instead is an apology, a brief post (too busy to write more), and a different picture to look at.

This is a special photograph to me -- it's my very first award-winning photo, from way back in 1975. The subject was a Civil War re-enactor at the Chickamauga Battlefield National Military Park. The camera was a Nikkormat fitted with a 100mm f2.8 Vivitar lens, and the film was Kodachrome.

Blog Note: I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at alifeinphotography.blogspot.com. I'm trying to build up my readership, so if you're reading this on Facebook and like what I write, would you please consider sharing my posts?

(Photograph copyright David B. Jenkins 2020)

Soli Gloria Deo

To the glory of God alone


 

No comments:

Post a Comment