Friday, September 29, 2023

Your Yard Sale Place

 “Your Yard Sale Place” Georgia Hwy. 32, Bacon County    

 Traveling along State Highway 32 just north of Waycross, near sunset on my 2010 trip around the perimeter of Georgia, I came across this odd structure. I thought maybe it was a boxcar that had somehow managed to jump its tracks and find a new home in a recently plowed field. 

However, when I enlarged the digital file in Photoshop, I found that it was some sort of trailer. There's a hitch on the left end, and two sets of rubber tires underneath. There also appear to be air conditioners at both ends. (Click on the picture to enlarge it.)

Apparently, this was someone's dream of starting a business. The power pole and electric meter box would seem to indicate that it was a serious attempt, and not that someone just towed the trailer out into the field and abandoned it. The fact that what would appear to have been the parking lot has been plowed would suggest that the business didn't make it.

I saw many strange and interesting sights as I drove Georgia's highways. I'm looking forward to finding more visual treasures in Tennessee. As Robert Louis Stephenson wrote:       

" The world is so full of a number of things

I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings."

Just keep your eyes open and your camera handy.

(Canon EOS 5D Classic digital camera, EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 lens)

Signed copies of the new second edition of Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail a check to me at 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography    Georgia     travel    Canon 5D Classic     digital cameras    Canon EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 lens)     

No comments:

Post a Comment