Tuesday, December 10, 2019

He's back. . .!

Demented Spider, Walker County, GA


Who starts a blog, posts six days in a row, then disappears for eight years?

Umm. . .that would be me.

I began this blog in a burst of enthusiasm, kindled by the fact that I had just finished a major book project. But, it soon fell prey to my lack of personal discipline, coupled with the fact that it took more time than I really wanted to commit at that time. So, I'm back. At least for now, and I hope I can find the discipline to continue, because I do have some things I want to say.

It would have been less embarrassing to just start a new blog from scratch and not have to go through the mea culpa bit, but I like the name of this blog, and I like the things I've written, even though that was eight years ago. So here I am.

So, what have I been doing? Photographing, of course, because that's what I do. Still doing some commercial work, although not as much as I used to. But then, I don't pursue it like I used to. Also, I photographed and wrote another book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, published by Countryman Press of New York in 2017. More about that in future posts.

So what brings me back? Well, I've wanted to come back for a long time, but was finally inspired to give it another try by a post titled You Should Start a Blog on Jim Grey's blog Down the Road (https://blog.jimgrey.net/ 

I hope to keep things going by posting two or three times a week, and I hope you'll enjoy it enough to come along for the ride.

(Canon EOS A2, 24-85 f3.5-4.5 Canon EF lens, Fujichrome 100 film.)

4 comments:

  1. Now, you're making me think of restarting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, apparently I created a blog in 2008... who knew? lol

    ReplyDelete