Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Always Carry Your Camera (Repost)

 

New England Rednecks

I have never, ever, taken a picture I like on an occasion when I did not have a camera with me.

Louise accompanied me on an assignment one summer which took us to Massachusetts, Maine, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. We traveled by car and were able to take some time off for ourselves, including a pleasant weekend with friends in southwestern New Hampshire. We all went out for a Sunday afternoon ramble, and even though it was an off-day for me I followed my rule of always carrying a camera. I took only an 85mm lens, but the combination proved to be just right when we stopped at the ol' village swimmin' hole. I photographed casually in automatic exposure mode as the golden retriever made dive after dive. This is the one I like best.

Please note that, contrary to popular opinion, rednecks are everywhere, not just in the South.  (Olympus OM2n, 85mm Olympus Zuiko, Fujichrome 100 film)
 
Blog note: I actually began this blog in 2011, wrote six posts, and gave it up. This is one of those posts. I should have stuck with it. 

If you like my photographs, you can see more of them in my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and, who knows? You might find something you want to keep.

The second edition of my book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia will be released in June, 2023. 

Photograph and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.



4 comments:

  1. Dave, nice photo! It brings back memories of a bunch of us neighborhood kids swimming in the creek 50 yrs ago. And yes there are red necks in west central Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you located? Near LaFayette? I was born in Bedford and grew up there in Lawrence County and adjacent Martin County. When we went back for our family reunion this past summer I was astonished to see that just about everybody in the area looked like rednecks.
      Reply

      Delete
    2. Dave, yes I live a little south and west of Lafayette. A few miles from the Wabash river and Purdue University

      Delete
    3. Dave that was me replying. I was born in Warren County, and live in Tippecanoe county. My wife is from Gibson county near Oakland City.

      Delete