Monday, March 4, 2024

More F.O.R.D.

Late 1930s Hudson Terraplane near Silverville, Indiana.

I thought this would be a good time to post a few more  selections from my Found On Road Dead collection, otherwise known as "An Anthology of Abandoned Automobiles." (Notice how I included the AAA in there?)

The top picture is a rare find: a late 1930's Hudson Terraplane moldering away on the edge of some  woods near the nearly extinct village of Silverville in Lawrence County, Indiana, just a few miles from the farm where I grew up. The Terraplane was considered to have very advanced streamlining for its day. I photographed it in 2014 with an Olympus E-M5 digital camera fitted with a Panasonic Lumix G.Vario II 14-140mm lens. (Probably the handiest lens I've ever owned.)

1947(?) Ford pickup, Keith Road, Catoosa County, Georgia.

The old Ford pickup was photographed along Keith Road in north Georgia's Catoosa County. I have no record of the date, but it would have been in the late 1970s. I think this was a 1947 Ford, but it may have been earlier. The camera was probably a Nikkormat with a 28mm Tamron f2.5 lens. (Can't be totally sure, since this was around the time I switched from Nikon to Olympus.) I am pretty sure the film was Kodachrome 64.

1970s Chevy pickup, Meriwether County, Georgia.

I found the old Chevy pickup rusting its life away on Georgia Highway 109 Spur in Meriwether County in west central Georgia in 2010 and photographed it with a Canon 5D Classic and the Canon EF 24-85mm lens. I hope you like my old cars and trucks.

Louise and I will be going to Florida next week to visit friends, and most especially, her 94-year-old sister, who still lives by herself. I'm not sure how much time I will have to work on the blog, so if you don't hear from me, don't worry. I'm well and having fun.

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $4.50 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography     film photography    travel`   Georgia     Indiana     Olympus E-M5 digital camera     Panasonic Lumix G.Vario II 14-140mm lens     Nikkormat film camera     28mm Tamron f2.5 lens     Kodachrome 64 film     Canon 5D Classic     Canon EF 24-85mm lens

2 comments:

  1. Dave, I think the as found photos are the most interesting. The Terraplane looks like it grew there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Greg. Sorry to be slow getting back to you -- I've been out of town for a week.

    ReplyDelete