Monday, June 7, 2021

Bits and Pieces

Confederate Cavalrymen

Civil War Reenactors at Chickamauga Battlefield National Park

Olympus OM2s, 60-200mm f4 Zuiko lens, Fujichrome RDP100 film

(Click to enlarge)

If it seems that I haven't been posting as often lately, it's because I haven't been. There are several reasons for that.

1. A low-pressure lifestyle. (Believe it or not!) I had thought that once we moved out of our house and into our RV, life would be simpler and less busy, so I would have more time to write. Well, life is simpler and I do indeed have more time to write, but I also have more time to procrastinate. Low-pressure life is enjoyable, but it doesn't work all that well for me. I've known for a long time that I require a certain amount of pressure to function well.

2. I'm having a harder time finding things to write about. Because of Louise's surgeries and because of the weather, I haven't been able to get out enough to keep the visual and verbal ideas flowing.

3. Paperwork and travel. We had to fill out a vast number of forms and travel to Florida to set up our legal residence there, get driver's licenses, tags for the cars and trailer, register to vote, and arrange for mail-forwarding service.

4. My own carelessness. The truck we bought to pull our fifth-wheel RV is really big -- so big I have to use a step-ladder to get in the bed. Last week I got in the bed to sweep it out. Getting back down, I put my foot on the ladder in such a way that it tipped and I had a most unpleasant fall, cracking a few ribs. I've been dosed up on pain pills ever since, which makes me sleepy; a condition not conducive to writing -- although I imagine my writing does put some people to sleep.

As I say below, life sometimes just gets in the way.

I'm not sure how the cracked ribs will affect our travel plans. A week or so ago I wrote about those plans and Traci commented "What wonderful plans you have." To which I replied "Man plans, God laughs!" We have lots to do before we can hit the road, so we will see how things play out.

Meanwhile, the doctors say Louise is recovering well from her surgeries. She began physical therapy for her neck today to increase range-of-motion.   

 Photograph and text copyright 2021, David B.Jenkins

I post each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

 

Tags: photography, Dave Jenkins, Confederate Cavalry, Civil War Reenactments,

Chickamauga Battlefield, National Parks, Olympus OM2s camera, Zuiko 60-200

mm lens, Fujichrome film, fifth-wheel RV

 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it.You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.
    Best Regards,
    Clipping Path Services
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep sharing this type of blogs.

    ReplyDelete