Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Another Old Tractor in Great Light

Ford tractor in barn. Georgia Highway 193, Walker County
 

This barn is located on Georgia Highway 193 a few miles south of Flintstone. I passed it every day going to and from my home in McLemore Cove to my studio in Chattanooga. Although there was no good place to pull off the road, I stopped and made the photo anyway because I liked the feel of the early morning light. 

Jenkins Rule of Photographic Proximity states that the photogenic qualities of any scene are in direct inverse proportion to the possibility of a place to park within a reasonable distance.

The tractor is a Ford from the 1950s, still a very popular model despite its age. Many country people like to have them around for light to medium farm duty, and parts are readily available. This scene was probably photographed in the 1990s, because I was still using film.  I photographed a similar tractor, the slightly earlier 8N model, in a shed on U.S. Highway 19 north of Dahlonega in 2006. You can see it here.

The camera was a Canon EOS A2, with most likely, the EF 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 lens. The film would have been Fujichrome 100D, my all-time favorite.

Signed copies of the new second edition of Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail a check to me at 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags: photography    travel     Georgia     McLemore Cove    Canon EOS A2 camera     Fujichrome 100D film     film photography

No comments:

Post a Comment