Wednesday, April 17, 2024

I Sold My Truck -- Finally!

 The mighty Beast. The 2018 RAM 3500 with dual rear wheels.

My truck is sold. The new owner is picking it up tomorrow. It has been a long haul, if you'll excuse the expression, getting it off to a new home.

We sold the trailer last October, but I kept the truck until the trailer was gone because I was afraid I might need to move the trailer, and of course, couldn't do it without the truck. So I listed the truck on AutoTrader on November 1st and got six inquiries immediately. And then I came down with Covid that same day and had to inform the prospective buyers that I wouldn't  be able to show the truck for a week. They all apparently moved on, and I had few serious inquiries from then on. 

Over the following six months I kept lowering the price, but had no takers until Sunday afternoon, when a man called and came to see the truck. He checked it out thoroughly and made me an offer that was far from what I had in mind. I told him thanks, but no thanks.

After he left, I called my son Don and asked him what he thought. He said "Take it!" 

I prayed about it, and thought about how the truck had become an albatross around our necks. We need another car, but have no place to park a third vehicle and the diesel truck is too expensive to drive on a regular basis. So I called the man back. He raised his offer by a thousand dollars and I said "Deal!"

So, I'm relieved. We can move on.

This post is obviously not about photography. But as it says in the intro on the left of your screen, I write about photography, about life, and about my life in photography.This post is about life. But just to say a bit about photography, both photos were made with a Fuji X-T20 camera and the very fine (but cheap!) Fujicron XC 16-50mm lens.

 

 The Truck and 5th-wheel trailer. Ready to roll on our very first outing.

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $4.50 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography   travel  RAM 3500 trucks     Fuji X-T20 camera     Fujicron XC 15-50mm lens

No comments:

Post a Comment