Thursday, February 9, 2023

We Interrupt This Program. . .

Tucker Road in fall, McLemore Cove

This picture of Tucker Road in fall is on the cover of my llimited-edition book Georgia: A Backroads Portrait. It has nothing to do with this post, but I thought I should at least give you something nice to look at.

I missed posting yesterday because I had to take Louise to the emergency room with severe abdominal pain. We were there for seven hours before we finally got a diagnosis and were able to go home around 2 a.m. It was an attack of diverticulitis, something she has never had before. She will be on meds, clear liquids, jello, etc for several days. She has rested all day today, something that is hard for her to do because she is a very active person. (Wears me out, sometimes!) 

Tomorrow I will get back to moving our possessions from our RV to our new condo. Louise will continue to take it easy until she's over this thing. Your prayers will be appreciated.

(Pentax 6x7 medium format camera, 105mm f2.4 Takumar lens. Fujichrome 100 film scanned on an Epson Perfection 4990 Pro scanner.)

If you like my photographs, you can see more of them in my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and, who knows? You might find something you want to keep.

The second edition of my book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia will be released in June, 2023. 

Photograph and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

10 comments:

  1. It’s terrible what has happened to Louise. I’m rooting for her speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Khurt. She slept well and seems to be feeling better this morning.

      Delete
  2. Dave, prayers for you and Louise for healing and strength for the trials you are facing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Greg, thanks for your continued support and kindness.

      Delete
  3. Prayers for Louise and her faithful caregiver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is doing better. I can't keep her down!

      Delete
  4. Praying for you both like me and Cathy it takes two

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for Louise and you, I want to get your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers. Who are you and which book?

      Delete