Friday, September 17, 2021

Noticing Quiet Beauty

Red Glider

US Highway 129, south central Georgia, May 2011

Canon EOS 5D Classic, 70-200mm f4L Canon lens

from my limited edition book Georgia: A Backroads Portrait

 

The world is full of beauty. Often, though, it's quiet beauty -- beauty that doesn't shout for your attention. Some people are oblivious to it; many others see it, enjoy it for a moment, then pass on. A few notice it and record it in photographs to be enjoyed by themselves and others. 

That's what I do. My name for my portfolio of "art" photographs is "Images of Tranquility." My photographs are mostly quiet, and I hope, quietly beautiful. I don't do spectacular. I just see what I see and try to record and show it.

What catches my eye? The old, the abandoned, the beautiful. The strange, the unusual. The off-beat, the quirky. I am a visual historian of an earlier America and a recorder of the interface between man and nature; a keeper of vanishing ways of life. And I do dearly love visual puns.

Photograph and text copyright 2021, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment