Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Time to Refocus

 

 Autumn leaves in a small, mountain stream.

Fannin County, North Georgia

Canon EOS 5D Classic, EOS 24-85 f3.5-4.5 EF lens

 

I don't think I'm going to write any more about the traveling we did in July to work on the second edition of Backroads and Byways of Georgia. At least not for now. I enjoyed revisiting the places I visited and wrote about five years ago, but driving ten or twelve hours a day for several days in a row and then breaking camp, pulling the RV to a new location, setting up camp, and repeating the process soon got old.

Also, we had some mishaps. In addition to the deep cut on Louise's leg which I mentioned in my last post, we had a few mishaps with the trailer. I drove too close to a harmless-looking tree and did some damage to the roof (which I was able to patch with a special RV roof-repair tape). Later, we had an accident that did some damage to the rear and side of the trailer. It's drivable and livable, and we are currently living in it in a very pleasant campground near Toccoa, Georgia while waiting for the replacement parts to come in. The repair people tell me that this is often a lengthy process. Our insurance company has been very helpful.

I still have a tour in southwest Georgia to retrace, and I'm about half finished with the new tour the editor asked me to write. Then I can put this project to bed and move on to other things.

There hasn't been much new photography to do for this second edition, and that's a downer. I get antsy when I don't get enough photography time! However, the publisher will mostly be using photos from the first edition, with only a few new ones. I look forward to moving on, making new photos and writing more about photography, which has been sadly lacking on this blog for some time. Time to refocus!

Photograph and text copyright 2021, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

No comments:

Post a Comment