Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Connectivity (Again!)

 

This photo has nothing to do with today's subject, but will be relevant to

Friday's post. Canon 10D, September 10, 2003, Southern Indiana, I think.

 

 Getting consistent cell phone service and receiving internet data is an ongoing problem for those of us who live and travel in RVs. I missed posting on Monday because of  connectivity issues. 

As full-time RVers living in campgrounds in various places, we get our wifi through our cell phone companies and find it necessary to have two different ones in order to be sure of getting service wherever we go. We have a small "mifi" device from each company through which we receive data.

Unfortunately, for some reason my main computer will only receive wireless data from Consumer Cellular. It will not recognize T-Mobile's wifi. The 50 gigs of data per month we receive from CC is usually enough, but also unfortunately, Louise has been having quite a bit of back pain recently, so she's been spending more time than usual watching TV. Well, okay -- she's been bing-watching Hallmark Christmas movies! And more unfortunately still, she inadvertently had the TV set to stream on Consumer Cellular instead of T-Mobile (which has unlimited data). Consequently, she used up our 50 gigs of Consumer Cellular data in ten days and I could no longer use my computer online. 

After consulting with a long-time friend who is a professional computer expert and also calling T-Mobile support, I was no closer to getting my computer to recognize T-Mobile. I'm kinda slow, but eventually I remembered an old-tech solution: I pulled out an ethernet cable from my bottom desk drawer, connected my computer to the T-Mobile device with  it, and I'm back in business.

See previous posts about connectivity issues here and here.

If you enjoy my photographs, you can see more of them in my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and, who knows? You might find something you want to keep.

The second edition of my book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia will be released in June, 2023. 

Photograph and text copyright 2022 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment