Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Time for a Short Winter Break

                              A winter barnyard scene on U.S. 11W northeast of Knoxville, Tennessee.

The arctic weather is finally easing its grip on our campsite a few miles north of Knoxville. We have been able to keep warm in our RV, but our water has been frozen for days, which is inconvenient but unfortunately, not a new experience for me. I grew up in the southern Indiana hills in a house without running water, and in the great blizzard of March, 1993 our water was frozen for a week. 

However, the cumulative effects of the recent cold snap have left me feeling a little bummed out. 

Plus, I have a busy few days ahead.

Thursday we are driving to Atlanta for the wedding reception of grandson Nathan and his bride Hannah. We'll be back Saturday night. Then, on Monday, January 2, we have to move to a different site in this campground. So I'm going to take a little winter break. I'll be back Wednesday, January 4th.

If you enjoy my photographs, you can see more of them in my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and, who knows? You might find something you want to keep.

The second edition of my book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia will be released in June, 2023. 

Photograph and text copyright 2022 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment