Friday, May 20, 2022

Rednecks are Everywhere

Fun at the village swimming hole.
 

People seem to think rednecks are a Southern phenomenon, but if that were ever true, it no longer is. Rednecks are everywhere. Mostly, they're just ordinary people, with certain cultural identifiers. These folks were having fun with a golden retriever, tossing a ball into the water while he made repeated jumps to retrieve it. It was all great fun for everyone, especially the dog. I photographed them one Sunday afternoon at the village swimming hole at a small town in southwestern New Hampshire.

I was in the area working on a magazine assignment and took the day off to prowl around with some friends, carrying with me my trusty Olympus OM2n camera, the 85mm f2 Zuiko lens (my favorite), and plenty of Fujichrome 100D slide film.

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

My most recent book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is a 304-page soft-cover with more than 200 color photographs. Published by Countryman Press, it is priced at $22.95. Signed and inscribed copies are available directly from me at (423) 240-2324 or djphoto@vol.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment