Friday, May 6, 2022

Sunrise at Tybee Island

The sun rises over a deserted beach at Georgia's Tybee Island.

Louise and I have been to Tybee Island many times through the years, so I'm not sure when this photograph was made. But it was shot on film, which means it was before 2003, the year I made the big (and not entirely happy) switch to digital. (More about that some other time.)

We like the Savannah area in general, and especially like the seafood. I first had low country shrimp boil in Savannah, and my life has never been the same since. The Crab Shack, just off U.S. 80 as you enter Tybee Island has been voted Savannah's best seafood since 1998. The super-casual atmosphere might make you think you’ve stumbled upon a pirates’ hangout, but the food and service are worth walking the plank for. If you’ve never had their low-country shrimp boil, you are going to hate yourself for all the years you’ve wasted.

                          Outdoor dining at the Crab Shack, Tybee Island.

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

My most recent book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is a 304-page soft-cover with more than 200 color photographs. Published by Countryman Press, it is priced at $22.95. Signed and inscribed copies are available directly from me at (423) 240-2324 or djphoto@vol.com.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos Dave! I find it hard to get to a destination in time for sunrise photos, I'm just lazy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo was from the late '80s/early '90s, Greg. I don't do many sunrises these days. Age has it's benefits!

    ReplyDelete