Thursday, May 12, 2022

The Gate to Sourwood Lane


This gate, bracketed by two massive old oaks, looks out onto Sourwood Lane. It was the entrance to our little farm in McLemore Cove. Behind me was the site of our first home here, a 12 by 40-foot house trailer where we lived our first four years. They were the happiest years of our lives. 

Now we are once again in a "tiny home," this time on wheels, always looking for our next adventure.

I've always loved this picture, but I've never shown it before.

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

My most recent book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is a 304-page soft-cover with more than 200 color photographs. Published by Countryman Press, it is priced at $22.95. Signed and inscribed copies are available directly from me at (423) 240-2324 or djphoto@vol.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment