Friday, November 25, 2022

Count Your Blessings

 A good message for all seasons. Old Dial Road, Fannin County, Georgia. 11/5/2008

 Although I lived in northwest Georgia for more than forty years and loved the area, I also loved and found myself drawn to the mountains of north central and northeast Georgia as well. Over the years, that's where most of my day-long photo excursions took me.

A jaunt on November 5th, 2008 found me exploring the backroads of Fannin County. The fall had been mild, so the colors were still in full array. It was a good day for photography. I made several pictures that are in my online gallery, with more to come.

I have no idea who put this little scene together -- I don't remember seeing a church or school nearby -- but obviously someone wanted to honor the season and inspire passersby with the Thanksgiving message. So I'm glad to pass it along to you.

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. In many ways, in fact, I like it better than Christmas. Maybe it's the elderly curmudgeon in me, but I think Thanksgiving deserves to be celebrated and fully enjoyed for itself -- not swallowed up by the Christmas season, as is becoming increasingly the case. For that matter, even Halloween seems to be in danger of being swallowed up by Christmas! 

So let's enjoy our families and be grateful to God for all he has given us. Count your blessings.

(Photograph made with Canon 5D Classic digital camera and Canon 85mm f1.8 EF lens.)

If you enjoy my photographs, you can see more of them in my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and, who knows? You might find something you want to keep.

The second edition of my book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, originally scheduled for December, will be released in June, 2023. 

Photograph and text copyright 2022 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment