Wednesday, November 2, 2022

The Nurse Is in Pink But My Face Is Red

Emergency Room Nurse at Emory Medical Center

Michael Largent is a graphic designer and creative director who has done just about everything in the design field. Currently he's rounding out a distinguished career by teaching graphic design at a college in Chattanooga. We first met when he was working his way through college as a newspaper photographer and have been friends for nearly 50 years.. Since he became an art director in the 1980s we have worked together on many, many projects  -- he says more than 50. I won't dispute that because I wasn't counting. Also, his memory is better than mine. He remembered something I had forgotten about the  project for Emory Medical Center -- that the models in my previous three posts were not hospital employees, as I stated, but non-professional "real people" models that he recruited. The "EMT" in my previous post, for instance, was actually the youth pastor at Michael's church. My face is red!

However, it appears that the young woman in pink may have been an actual nurse at the hospital.

Changing the subject somewhat, let me distract you from my embarrassment by calling your attention to the large empty space in the upper left of this photo and all the previous photos in this series. That space is where the ad copy goes. Photographs for advertising must always be composed so there's someplace for the message to go. 

Blog note: Very soon I will be posting a link to a web site where many of my pictures will be available for order at very reasonable prices for yourself or for gifts. Watch this space.

Photograph and text copyright 2022 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment