Thursday, January 25, 2024

Another Photo from Senoia

 

 The McKnight House, Senoia, Georgia

I was busy yesterday and didn't post anything, so here's a brief post for today. I'll be back Friday with another post on life, photography,or travel. Or maybe all three.

The neoclassical McKnight House in Senoia was built by Captain W.D. Linch in 1905 as a wedding gift to his daughter, Mary McKnight. 

If you look carefully, you will see that the front door is offset to the left. Legend says that's because Mary wanted to make room for her grand piano in the chamber on the right. 

The McKnight House is just one of many interesting things to see in and around Senoia. If you visit the town, pick up an Historical Tour brochure at the Senois Welcome Center, 68 Main Street. They're open Wednesday through Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. 

(The photo was made with an Olympus OM-D EM-5 micro 4/3s digital camera and the Panasonic Lumix G-Vario 12-32mm lens.)

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography     travel     Georgia     Senoia, Georgia     micro 4/3s cameras     Olympus OM-D E-M5     Panasonic Lumix 12-32mm lens

No comments:

Post a Comment