Monday, January 8, 2024

My Business Is Going to the Dogs

Miss Biscuit, posing like a pro model.

Ever since we moved into our home in Wesley Place in Knoxville almost a year ago, our neighbor Ashleigh has repeatedly gone out of her way to be kind and helpful in a multitude of ways.

A few months ago she brought home a nondescript and skinny little rescue dog that she named "Biscuit." Sweet and outgoing, Biscuit soon blossomed under loving care, bringing obvious joy to her mistress.

Recently, Louise said to me, "Ashleigh has been to nice and helpful to us, I wish there were something we could do for her."

I said, "Why don't I give her a photo session with her and Biscuit and a good-sized print that she could frame?"

Louise loved the idea, so I contacted Ashleigh, who also loved the idea. We made arrangements to come to her house and set up for the pictures.

One never knows how an animal will react to flashing lights, etc., but Biscuit was perfectly calm and posed like a pro. Ashleigh was delighted to receive 31 proof files and loved them all so much she asked for more time to choose the one to enlarge. (She still hasn't been able to choose.)

Ashleigh and Biscuit

I used a Fuji X-H1 camera for the portrait session, with the Fujicron XC 16-50mm lens set at 50mm (75mm full-frame equivalent) for most of the photos. The lighting was a single Neewer electronic flash, bounced out of an umbrella.

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography     portraits     animal portraits     Fuji X-H1 camera     Fujicron XC 16-50mm lens     Neewer electronic flash

2 comments: