Wednesday, June 19, 2024

The Blogging Life

  This is no bull! U.S. Highway 41, Dooly County, Georgia.

 Blogging is like having a baby, then waking up pregnant again the next morning.

My online friend Jim Grey blogs six days a week at https://blog.jimgrey.net/. He calls his blog Down the Road, and covers a wide variety of interesting subjects, including photography. I don't know how he does it.

Jim recently took a few weeks off to do what I would call "readjusting his perspective about life and blogging". I can understand that, although I blog less frequently than Jim and my mind is not as fertile as his.

Being a last-minute kind of guy, I normally write this blog the evening before it posts. Sometimes I simply can't think of anything to write, and the post doesn't appear until the next day, or even the day after. And sometimes, as I say, life simply does get in the way. Louise and I are no longer young (on the calendar, not at heart or in attitude), and we spend more time than I like to think about on doctors and physical therapy.

The thing that helps me most in blogging is my library of pictures, accumulated over a lifetime of photography. When I can't think of anything to write, I look for a picture I think you'll enjoy. Sometimes I write about the photo; other times I just hang it there for you to look at and write about something else. Like today. 

I hope you like the picture of the statuesque bull giving me the eye. I found him along U.S. Highway 41 in south Georgia's Dooly County when Michael Largent and I made a photo-trip to south Georgia in 2006. I photographed Mr. Bull with my Canon EOS 5D Classic and the Canon EF 24-85mm lens.

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $4.50 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography      blogging    Jim Grey      Canon EOS 5D camera      Canon EF 24-85mm lens      south Georgia

Dooly County     U.S. Highway 41

No comments:

Post a Comment