Monday, October 21, 2024

Potter's Falls. And So Did David

Potter's Falls, near Wartburg, Tennessee.

On August 23rd I went ramblin' with friend and fellow photo-blogger Dave Hileman (http://www.twolanetouring.com/). We wound up at Potter's Falls near Wartburg, Tennessee, a waterfall on the Crooked Fork tributary of the Emory River.

The descent into the shallow canyon was somewhat steep, but we made it down okay and made some photos. The waterfall was disappointing -- just a trickle, really, so my photos are nothing to brag about. I think Dave's are better. But then, he's a newlywed, so everything in his life is better these days.

Coming back up, I lost my balance near the top of the slope and fell over backwards, sliding on my back on the gravel. It made hamburger of the backs of my elbows, but fortunately, the camera was not scratched. (I have my priorities in order!)

When we got to the top, my elbows were bleeding profusely, and of course, we didn't have any first aid gear with us. Quick-thinking Dave improvised by wrapping the injured areas with some Covid masks he had in his car, a far more effective use than the one they were designed for.

Dave photographs the falls. 

I'm a rapid healer, so everything is fine now -- just waiting for fall color to reach its peak so I can go ramblin' again.

Photos: FujiX-H1 camera, Fujinon XF 16-80mm lens.

Visit my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography    digital photography   east Tennessee     Fuji X-H1 digital camera     Fujinon XF 16-80mm lens     travel photography     Potter's Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment