Friday, October 11, 2024

What's New?

Gossiping at the harbor, Vernazza, Cinque Terra, Italy.

 What's new? 

Not much new around here. And that's the problem. Unlike the Italian ladies above, I'm having a little trouble finding something new to talk about.

Some years ago, in the heyday of photography magazines, I read that most magazines recycled their content about every five years.

Well, I've been posting this blog for almost five years now, and I have a better understanding of their problem. Frankly, it's becoming more and more difficult for me to find something new to write. 

I still have plenty of Rock City barns, small towns, covered bridges, old mills, old houses, old cars, and courthouses to write about. But I would like to make more of my posts specific to photography. Maybe that's unrealistic.

So, let me ask my loyal readers (assuming they exist). What would you like me to write about? I could use some direction.

According to Blogger statistics, this site gets four to six thousand hits a month. But I get very few comments. If fact, this blog averages less than half a comment per post.

If you have any thoughts about things I might write about, please post a comment. I realize the commenting process on Blogger is somewhat laborious, so post as Anonymous if you like, then, if you don't mind, sign your name at the end. (But that's a request, not a requirement.)

Thank you for your help.

Photo: Canon EOS 20D, Canon EF 24-85mm lens. (Probably.)

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

If you would like to have a print of one of my photographs, check out my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  If you don't find what you want there, let me know and I'll arrange to include it in the gallery.

Photography and text copyright 2024 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:   photography    travel     Canon EOS 20D digital camera     Canon EF 24-85mm lens    Italy    Ciinque Terra     Digital photography

5 comments:

  1. Tell more stories from your life. They don't have to be epic tales, and they don't have to be about photography (though it will be nice if photos accompany them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. Your suggestion is well taken and I appreciate your comment. Unfortunately, my other readers (if any) didn't see fit to offer their advice.

      Delete
  2. Of course, I could take that to mean that everyone likes what I'm currently doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, maybe some stories about your mission trips and overseas adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good suggestion, Greg. I will do that.

    ReplyDelete