Monday, July 25, 2022

A Walk on the Beach

A man and his little daughter at Madras Beach

As I wrote in last Wednesday's post, there are rare times in a photographer's life when one seems to enter an almost magical time and place where wonderful pictures are on every hand, like low-hanging fruit just waiting to be picked. 

As I was watching and photographing the fishermen launching their boats from the beach at Madras, a man and his little daughter came walking along, playing in the edge of the surf and picking up shells in graceful movements. I made many pictures of them, but these are the only two I've scanned so far. The rest are in storage along with most of my film photographs. I wish I could show them all to you. 

Maybe someday I'll get back to scanning more of my film photos. I shot film for 35 years and have been photographing digitally for only 19 years. I think much of my best work is on film.

(Olympus OM2n camera, 85mm f2 Zuiko lens, Fujichrome 100D film.)

Photographs and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone

My book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is now out of print, although copies are apparently still available from Amazon, and possibly other sources. The second edition is now in the editing stage and is scheduled to be released on December 6th.

3 comments:

  1. Dave, you captured their love for each other beautifully! Maybe they will see this online and treasure it. Did you set their names?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anonymous. I never spoke to them. They were occupied with each other and I doubt if they even knew I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me Greg Clawson, Dave. Forgot to click on name entry

    ReplyDelete