Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Images of Tranquility

                                                        Abandoned Tractor, White County, Georgia

I have a collection, or portfolio, of photographs that I call "Images of Tranquility." These are photographs that, for me, at least, invoke a sense of beauty, peace, order, and serenity. I've previously posted quite a number of them on this blog. The pictures in Monday's and last Friday's posts are two of them, and you can see some other recent ones here and here and here.

For me, these photographs are visual therapy, promoting a sense of inner calmness. I hope they will do the same for you.

Keith (?) Road barn and pond, Catoosa County, Georgia 

The old tractor was found beside GA Highway 75Alt north of Cleveland in northeast Georgia's White County during one of my photo-rambling daytrips in September, 2006, and photographed with a Canon 5D Classic. The lens was the Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L-IS.

The barn and pond on Keith Road were photographed sometime in the 1970s on one of my Sunday afternoon photo-rambles. The camera was a twin-lens reflex, probably a Rolleicord Vb, although it could have been a Yashica. (Also, the location could have been Cherokee Valley Road rather than Keith Road. Sorry -- I had not yet learned to keep notes about my photos.) The film would have been Kodak Ektachrome, because Fujichrome did not begin to take hold in the U.S. until the 1980s.

I'm posting a bit late today -- we had a serious thunderstorm and a power outage last evening. A small tornado hit about five miles south of us and took out some power lines and did some other damage.

Photographs and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone

My book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is now out of print, although copies are apparently still available from Amazon, and possibly other sources. The second edition is now in the editing stage and is scheduled to be released on December 6th.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Dave, nice photos!
    That old tractor just needs some love and TLC, I hope someone at least got it running, old tractors and old men (meaning me) don't do well if they just sit around. 😁
    The barn scene makes me want a glass of sweet tea and a sandwich, a perfect place for a picnic.
    I am thankful you and your family are safe! We can wait a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise and I are a little more vulnerable than most because we are full-time RVers (currently at a campground just north of Knoxville, TN). Nevertheless, we came through just fine in our cozy fifth-wheel trailer. Thanks for your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete