Friday, September 16, 2022

A Wedding in Senoia

The wedding of Brittany and James. The Hollberg House, Senoia, Georgia, June 4, 2011

Although I've photographed a few hundred weddings, I was not the official photographer at this one. Louise and I were there as friends of the family.The bride was the granddaughter of a lifelong friend and we had known Brittany since she was a baby.

Since I was not the official photographer (there were two), and since I cannot ignore my photographic  impulses when something is happening, I was playing/experimenting with my tiny, brand new Olympus E-PL1 -- my first mirrorless camera, shooting unobtrusively and staying out of the way of the other photographers. I got a fairly good coverage of the wedding and reception, although I was not able to shoot nearly as much as I would have liked.

As guests of the family we spent the night at the Hollberg House Bed and Breakfast. The breakfast the next morning was absolutely the best I've ever eaten.

It's a good thing I made the photographs I did. I don't know what happened, but from what I understand the "Official Photographers" failed to deliver a single picture, so the ones I made are all the photos of their wedding that Brittany and James have.

This photograph is from my limited edition book Georgia: A Backroads Portrait. It was made with an Olympus E-PL1 mirrorless digital camera and an Olympus Zuiko 14-42mm (28-84mm equivalent) f3.5-5.6 lens. 

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone

My book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is now out of print, although copies are apparently still available from Amazon, and possibly other sources. The second edition is now in the editing stage and is scheduled to be released in December.

 

1 comment:

  1. Dave, nice save! 😁 Shame on the official photographers for not delivering for the young couple.

    ReplyDelete