Friday, September 23, 2022

Stuck Truck

Stuck Truck. Burns City, Indiana

Doesn't look like this sad-looking old Ford truck has gone anywhere recently, and probably won't in the future except maybe to the scrapyard.

I like to photograph old and abandoned cars and trucks wherever I find them. I was in southern Indiana to photograph my niece's wedding when I passed this scene and made the photo with the same camera I used to photograph the wedding -- a Mamiya 6 medium format camera with a 50mm lens. A great little camera that I probably should have kept, but didn't. The film was Fuji's 400-speed color negative stock, and was scanned on my Epson Perfection 4990 scanner.

We had a good trip back from North Carolina, driving through the mountains on Interstate 40. We are now at the Melton Hill Dam campground just west of Knoxville until the end of the month.

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone

My book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is now out of print, although copies are apparently still available from Amazon, and possibly other sources. The second edition is now in the editing stage and is scheduled to be released in December.


No comments:

Post a Comment