Monday, September 12, 2022

Lone Cyclist

Lone motorcyclist on Georgia Highway 180, Towns County
 

The winding backroads of north Georgia are perfect for motorcyling. As I watched a lone cyclist go around the curve and up the hill I wished I still had a motorcycle. It's been about 20 years since my last one, and I wish I still had it -- a sentiment unfortunately not shared by Louise. It would have made my trips to photograph the backroads and byways of Georgia much more fun and probably a good bit quicker. On the other hand, I couldn't have slept in my van, as I sometimes did, but I could have carried a tent and a sleeping. bag.

This photograph from my limited edition book Georgia: A Backroads Portrait was made with a Canon 5D Classic digital camera and Canon 70-200 f4L lens. 

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone

My book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is now out of print, although copies are apparently still available from Amazon, and possibly other sources. The second edition is now in the editing stage and is scheduled to be released in December.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment