Friday, October 14, 2022

Precious Prints

  Rob, Louise, and Donny at Fall Creek Falls (Tennessee) State Park.

In the summer of 1969 we spent two memorable weeks camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park. I shot only two or three rolls of 120 print film in a Yashica twin-lens reflex camera, but made pictures that I still treasure.

Pure essence of Louise. Always good-to-go, always ready to take on life with zest.
 
I have these cherished photographs because I made prints. Of course, in those days you made prints because that was the only way to see your pictures (unless you shot slide film). Now, 53 years later, I can still enjoy my pictures. If I had been shooting with a digital camera in those long-ago golden days I most probably would not have these pictures unless I had made prints. Electronic files can deteriorate or get lost or erased in a multitude of ways. But I made prints and I have these pictures. And hundreds more.
 
Our young family in 1969. Camera on a tripod with self-timer.

Photographs and text copyright 2022 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone

My book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is now out of print, although copies are apparently still available from Amazon, and possibly other sources. The second edition is now in the editing stage and is scheduled to be released in December.

2 comments: