Monday, March 27, 2023

Spring Comes to Sourwood Lane

 The entrance to Deer Run Farm, 225 Sourwood Lane.
 
Louise went to Denver in March/April of 2012 to care for an elderly friend who had knee replacement surgery. (This despite the fact that she herself had both knees replaced just the previous November.) 
We had an usually beautiful spring that year and I had a new camera, so I decided I would make some photos around the place and send them to her. I'd like to share a few of them with you.
(All photos with an Olympus E-PL1 with a 14-42mm lens.)
 
Dogwoods by the fence line.
 
Cattle in the barnlot.
 
Iris in the Curve Garden.
 
The Redbud outside our kitchen window.
 
Iris petal in lavender.

Curve Garden rosebud.
 
Blueberries
 
The rhododendron by our kitchen window.
 
Phlox on the rocks. 
 
Stump and spring flowers.

If you like my photographs, you can see more of them in my online gallery at https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and, who knows? You might find something you want to keep.

The second edition of my book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia will be released in June, 2023. 

Photograph and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment