Monday, November 13, 2023

The Week that Was!

 ...but now it's water over the dam. Prater's Mill, Coahuala Creek, Gordon County, GA.

By the beginning of this past week, Louise was pretty well over the severe back pain that had laid her up most of the previous week, following a family get-together at grandson Michael's home in Lexington on Sunday and a late evening drive home through the mountains. 

By last Sunday Louise was much better and able to go to church. On Monday, I posted a sales ad for our truck on AutoTrader and Facebook Marketplace. On Tuesday, I began to get text messages from four prospective buyers. I went out that morning to put the truck toolbox back in place after having removed it earlier to haul some things. I noticed I was feeling a little weak and having difficulty lifting something that had previously been no problem.

Around 2 p.m. I took Georgia for a walk and when we came back I unhooked her leash and found I could not raise myself up. I was gradually able to raise myself by holding on to the wall, then shuffled very slowly into the study and plopped into my chair. I spent the next 36 hours in a stupor. Louise checked, and I tested positive for COVID. 

I was able, by text message, to let the prospective truck buyers know was was happening and that I would notify them that I would be in contact with them by Friday. Friday came and went, I notified them, and so far, no one has responded.

Meanwhile, it was two days of coughing, spitting, and running (so to speak) to the bathroom. You don't wanna know. 

By Thursday morning I was feeling somewhat better. Louise got me a prescription for steroids, and that perked things up pretty quickly, though I was still kinda weak.

Louise had tested negative, but I must have re-infected her, because she has now spent the last several days in bed with weakness, vertigo, and a headache. We had to miss church on Sunday and cancel plans for a get-together with friends afterwards.

And that was the week that was. And the truck still isn't sold.

(Photograph of Prater's Mill dam: Hasselblad 500CM camera, Zeiss 50mm wide-angle lens, Fujichrome 100 film.)

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:    photography     travel     Georgia     Gordon County     Prater's Mill     Coahuala Creek   Hasselblad 500 CM camera    Zeiss 50mm wide-angle lens     Fujichrome 100 film     film photography                      

2 comments:

  1. Y’all get some rest that’s about all you can do with Covid it seems several church members have had it the past few months

    Roy

    ReplyDelete