Thursday, November 23, 2023

Things I'm Thankful For

 Old Dial Road, Fannin County, Georgia
 
1. I'm thankful for God. Actually, God and I have had somewhat of a rocky relationship. He keeps insisting that he's God and I'm not. Nonetheless, he has loved me with such an excessive love that he gave his only begotten son to endure the separation from him that should have been mine. All he asks is that I recognize that I am a sinner, which I am, totally unable to help myself; believe that he has fully paid the penalty for my sins; receive the son who died in my place as my own savior; and in him receive eternal life as an absolutely free gift. (I Corinthians 15:1-5.) I can never be thankful enough. (He offers this gift to you, too.)
 
2. I'm thankful for Louise Devlin Jenkins.When we began dating I was a widower with a small son whom I was not willing to entrust to just any pretty face. Fortunately, Louise was a very pretty face indeed, and as I grew to know her I soon realized that she was and is a person of deep character. Fifty-eight years of life's ups and downs and many adventures together have proved the wisdom of my choice.
 
3. I'm thankful for my family. Three sons, two daughters-in-law, two granddaughters, four grandsons, one grandson-in-law, three granddaughters-in-law, five great granddaughters, and two great grandsons. What a crew! I am richly blessed. And none of them is in jail! I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and I am indeed thankful.
 
(Photo: Canon EOS 5D Classic digital camera, Canon EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 lens.)

Signed copies of my book Backroads and Byways of Georgia are available. The price is $22.95 plus $3.95 shipping. My PayPal address is djphoto@vol.com (which is also my email). Or you can mail me a check to 8943 Wesley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922. Include your address and tell me how you would like your book inscribed.

Check out the pictures at my online gallery: https://davejenkins.pixels.com/  Looking is free, and you might find something you like.

Photography and text copyright 2023 David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo -- For the glory of God alone.

Tags:    photography     travel     Georgia     Fannin County     Thanksgiving     Canon EOS 5D Classic camera     Canon EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 lens 

2 comments: