Friday, April 29, 2022

Lake Junaluska Sunset

         Sunset over Lake Junaluska in the western North Carolina mountains.

 

Through most of the 1980s one of my main clients was the Christian Business Men's Committee, USA, usually known as the CBMC. I did photography for their magazine, annual reports, brochures, and media presentations. In 1988 and '89, I did a long-running media project for them which took me to many states -- as far north as Michigan and Minnesota, as far west as California and Oregon, and as far east as Maryland and North Carolina.

In North Carolina, I photographed, interviewed, and recorded many of the CBMC's top people from around the country while they were attending leadership meetings at the Methodist Conference Grounds at Lake Junaluska in the North Carolina mountains near Ashville.

Unfortunately, I never did any more work for the CBMC after 1990. Almost invariably when I lost a client it was because of changes within the organization. In this case, the President/CEO passed away and the new president wanted to bring in his own team. Both of my contact people within the organization were forced out, and I along with them. That's life in the world of business. To some, photography is an art; to others it's just a commodity.

The photo above was made with one of my Olympus OM film cameras -- don't remember which one, or the lens used. The film was Fujichrome 100D, because that's what I used from 1986 on.

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

My most recent book, Backroads and Byways of Georgia, is a 304-page soft-cover with more than 200 color photographs. Published by Countryman Press, it is priced at $22.95. Signed and inscribed copies are available directly from me at (423) 240-2324 or djphoto@vol.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment