Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly on Azaleas

 Louise had set a large pot by each of the posts that supported the deck that ran along the back of our house and had planted azaleas and clematis in them. One day as I was working in the backyard I noticed that a large tiger swallowtail butterfly was buzzing the azaleas. As usual, I had a camera fairly close at hand, so I clicked off five or six exposures. This is the one I liked best.

The picture was made with a Fuji X-T20, which is just now becoming my favorite camera even though I've had it for five years. The lens was the Fuji XC 50-230mm telephoto zoom, which enabled me to stand back far enough to get a close-up shot without scaring the butterfly away.

I haven't said anything about it and you probably haven't noticed, but these last four posts have all had a common theme -- noticing things. I did not make them when I was working on a project or when I was out cruising around with my camera to see what I could find, although those are both perfectly valid ways to find photos. I made them as I was just going about my life. But I make it a habit to go about my life with my eyes open and a camera within easy reach.

Photograph and text copyright 2022, David B.Jenkins.

I post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless life gets in the way.

Soli Gloria Deo

For the glory of God alone

No comments:

Post a Comment